Tasik Biru – The Blue Lake at Kuching, Sarawak
Written by: Cason
Tasik Biru is located in Bau township, which is around 35km (45-50 minutes) from the capital city of Kuching, Sarawak. It is accessible via road connection via the Kuching-Bau road.
Previously, it was a gold quarry in the 1970’s, making this place a huge 6 hectare, 91 meters deep man-made lake.
Currently, it is open to the public as a tourism hot spot. This spot has been well-equipped with various facilities such as jogging paths, parking lots, shop lots, food stalls, toilets and resting benches.
There are 3 types of boats that you can use in Blue Lake Bau:
- Speedboat: Carries a maximum of 12 passengers. The fee for a 15-minute ride is RM10 per adult and RM5 per child.
- Kayak: The fee for kayak a 30-40 minute ride is RM 5 for Single Kayak per adult and RM 10 for double Kayak per adult.
- Pedal boat: A maximum of 4 passengers ride pedal boat, the fee for a 30-40 minute ride is RM 5 per adult.
The view of the Blue lake appears with blue and a calm lake under the sun. A good place to rest and explore.
We rode the Pedal boat with maximum of 4 person.
Address: Tasik Biru, 94000 Bau, Sarawak (Google Maps)
There are various festivals that goes around this beautiful lake. Pesta Tasik Biru Bau, Sarawak Tourism Events established in 1951, marked its 60th birthday this year 2019. An authentic heritage tourism festivals aim for unity and unique water-sports. A festival one must not missed should they visit Kuching during the last weekend in September.
Will you be visiting Tasik Biru of Sarawak? There are plenty of good deals that you can find through H.I.S. Travel Malaysia from flights to domestic packages! If you plan to visit other countries, stay tuned for further updates from H.I.S. Travel Malaysia!
- Super tall ice cream parfait from Korea is opening its 1st international outlet at Malaysia - March 2, 2021
- Malaysia’s first Don Don Donki at Lot 10 Kuala Lumpur – What to expect? - March 1, 2021
- Kagoshima Flower Park - February 22, 2021
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
10 Basic Diving Hand Signals – Diving Survival
Communication is a form of interaction involved in our daily life. It helps us to better understand each other. That…
3 Netflix Japan Travel Documentary & Film – Save it for this MCO
Pasti ada yang merindui ingin kembali semula ke Jepun untuk merasa keindahan panorama Sapporo , ingin ‘immerse’ dengan kebudayaan moden…